Friends of the Harvard-Radcliffe Orchestra Endowed Fund
Gifts provided to the Endowed Fund will receive class credit with the University. If you are considering making a gift to The Friends of The Harvard-Radcliffe Orchestra Endowed Fund, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
[we can put the below in for now as a placeholder, but let’s not make the below part live yet. Just would love to see the formatting for this.]
We encourage you to consider making a gift to the newly-established Friends of The Harvard-Radcliffe Orchestra Endowed Fund (the “Endowment”). Made possible by the generous gifts of alumni and friends to Harvard University, the Endowment will provide a new income source for the HRO. More broadly, the intent of the Endowment is to provide financial support for the orchestra in perpetuity and help assure its permanence.
Terms for the Harvard-Radcliffe Orchestra Endowed Fund*:
1. The gifts of alumni and friends to the President and Fellows of Harvard College (“Harvard” or the “University”), a Massachusetts educational, charitable corporation, for the benefit of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences, establish an endowed fund to support the activities of the Harvard-Radcliffe Orchestra in perpetuity.
2. The activities of the Harvard-Radcliffe Orchestra to be supported include, but are not limited to, needs-based scholarships for students in the Harvard-Radcliffe Orchestra, private lessons for students in the Harvard-Radcliffe Orchestra, production costs for special concerts, and instrumental and music rentals. A portion of the income from the Fund may be used to fund tours made by the Harvard-Radcliffe Orchestra. The Fund may not be used to replace existing University support for the Harvard-Radcliffe Orchestra, but rather is intended as an additional income source for this student-run organization.
3. The Harvard-Radcliffe Orchestra Endowed Fund will be used at the discretion of the Music Director of the Harvard-Radcliffe Orchestra and the Director of the Office of the Arts at Harvard (or its equivalent). A representative of the Harvard-Radcliffe Orchestra Foundation will receive periodic reports on disbursements from the Fund.
4. The Fund will be managed by Harvard in accordance with University policies. The investment, administration and distribution of the Fund shall be accomplished in accordance with University policies, including gift policies governing endowment and certain other institutional funds, which may be amended from time to time.
5. If, at some time in the future, the designation of the Fund is no longer appropriate, the Edgerley Family Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences, in consultation with the Music Director of the Harvard-Radcliffe Orchestra and the Director of the Office of the Arts may direct the Fund to another purpose deemed to be best in keeping with the Donors’ intent to provide support to the Harvard-Radcliffe Orchestra.
*Terms are subject to change